If you’re considering retiring in Nashville, TN, you’ve got the right idea! While Nashville is more commonly known for its honky-tonk tunes and rowdy Friday nights, that’s not to say there aren’t plenty of Nashville retirement communities to reside in.
There are numerous reasons retirees are flocking to this Tennessee gem, but to name a few: Nashville has mild winters and summers while still experiencing beautiful season changes, and it has no state income tax in addition to a reduced tax burden for retirees, meaning Nashville is tax-friendly to retirees. Not only is Nashville a good place to retire in, but it has some of the best healthcare in the US and a relatively low crime rate.
Unlike most bigger cities with great suburbs like Nashville, Nashville, TN, has a COLI (Cost of Living Index) of 95.4, which is more affordable than other popular retirement cities. Tennessee is one of the cheaper states to retire in when compared to the national cost of living index, which is 100.
If you value your independence but no longer want to reside in a non-age-restricted community, browse the city’s array of retirement communities in Nashville, TN!
What Is a 55+ Community?
The various terms describing retirement communities can get confusing, so here’s a more in-depth explanation of what a 55+ community really is.
Put simply, a 55+ community is where active seniors can buy (or rent) a home, town home, apartment, or piece of property to reside in. These communities have age restrictions, meaning at least one resident on the premises must be at least 55. These communities are often referred to as active adult communities but are not to be confused with independent, assisted living, or nursing homes; those are living arrangements for older individuals that require everyday assistance or need some sort of help.
Active adult communities have a reputation of being a retiree’s dream destination, as most of these communities are specially curated to meet the needs of the retirees, with proximity to various bars and restaurants and tight-knit communities of citizens from all over the US.
Benefits of Living in Nashville, TN Retirement Communities
There are numerous retirement communities in Nashville, providing options for anyone looking for a place to truly settle down.
Not sure what Nashville retirement communities are good for? Take a look at the endless benefits retirement communities provide.
- Strong sense of community
- Maintenance-free lifestyle
- Community activities and events to keep you busy
- Opportunity to meet new people
- Potential house-keeping and room service
- Active adult communities are located near great health facilities
- Various on-site amenities
There are tons of upsides to joining a retirement community in Nashville, but there are downsides to retirement villages as well. Retirement communities can be more expensive than regular neighborhoods. While you surely get what you pay for, many active adult communities charge monthly service, cleaning fees, and HOA fees; however, that makes living a luxurious, maintenance-free lifestyle possible.
Del Webb at Lake Providence | Nashville Retirement Community for Active Seniors
Lake Province is located in Mt. Juliet, TN and is one of the best 55 and over communities in Nashville. It’s best known for its southern hospitality and proximity to convent suburban amenities such as a major highway and shopping centers.
Del Webb at Lake Province embodies a maintenance-free lifestyle, perfectly curated for active seniors. The home styles vary from villas that are 1,205 to 1,393 square feet to their continental series homes that are larger (2,051 to 2,597 square feet.)
The amenities are endless, including an indoor heated pool, indoor spa, dance studio, indoor walking track, fitness center, clubhouse, arts and crafts studio, and more. Del Webb at Lake Province considers factors like the Tennessee heat when constructing their community, hence the indoor facilities!
While Mt. Juliet, TN, is full of numerous parks and walking trails, there are also tons of shopping malls (if you enjoy walking around inside).
If you’re looking for great retirement communities in Nashville, look no further than Del Webb at Lake Providence.
- Address: Del Webb at Lake Providence 1100, Del Webb Blvd, Mt. Juliet, TN 37122
- Phone: (615) 758-4614
- Amenities: indoor heated pool, spa, and fitness center, arts and crafts studio, dance studio, clubhouse, indoor walking track, billiards, ballroom, and library. Del Webb at Lake Providence is pet-friendly!
- Housing: Single-family homes ranging from 1,200 square feet to 2,600 square feet.
- Pricing: mid-$300s to high $400s.
Rutland Place Senior Living | Active 55+ Senior Apartments
Rutland is in Mt. Juliet, TN, right outside Nashville. Along with being conveniently located off HWY 40, it’s also surrounded by two other popular Nashville retirement communities. There are numerous shopping centers and resistance just minutes down the road from Rutland.
Here are a few residential favorites:
The floor plans are apartment-style/condominiums, which makes for a low-maintenance lifestyle; there’s no need to mow your lawn, keep up the shrubs, or deal with the annoyance of other household chores—this is your time to sit back and relax. Whether you’re seeking a one-bedroom or two-bedroom, Rutland Place can assist you—at an affordable price. Rutland is considered one of the most affordable retirement communities in Nashville.
While you can include every amenities Rutland offers in your plan, you also have the option to pick and choose, which is rare.
Here are just a few amenities and assistance options. Rutland offers an on-site movie theater, activity & craft rooms, multipurpose rooms for events & meetings, meal plans, guest rooms for visiting, a beauty and barber salon, a wellness center, and rehab & health Services.
- Address: Rutland Place Senior Living 435 NW Rutland Rd, Mt. Juliet, TN 37122
- Phone: (615) 773-6111
- Amenities: Fitness center, crafts room, barber shop and beauty salon, wellness center, gathering room with fireplace, and housekeeping.
- Housing: Apartment-style living ranging from 445 square foot studio apartments to 818 square foot two bedroom apartments.
Parkhaven | Newly Developed Nashville 55+ Community
Located in the Nashville suburb of Hermitage, this 55+ community in Nashville offers an array of newly developed homes in a centrally located area. The first homes were built in 2020 and are energy efficient with customized finishes, not to mention the various benefits and amenities of living in Parkhaven.
Enjoy a maintenance-free resort-style at Nashville’s newest active adult community. Not only are you just minutes from downtown Nashville, but the community is also nestled along the Cumberland River, making it the ideal spot for nature lovers alike.
After working up a sweat on the walking paths, tennis courts, or pickleball courts, take a refreshing dip in Parkhavens outside the pool. While your furry friend can’t join you in the pool, they can tag along for the rest of your excursions.
- Address: Parkhaven 6405 Armstrong Dr, Hermitage, TN 37076
- Phone: (615) 800-5655
- Amenities: Hiking trails, proximity to downtown Nashville, outdoor swimming pool, pickleball, tennis, classes, and social events within the community
- Housing: Single-family homes
- Pricing: House pricing ranges from mid-500,000 to low 600,000
Groves Reserves | Pet Friendly 55 and Up Nashville Community
Join one of the best places to retire in Tennessee, at Groves Reserves 55 and over Nashville retirement community. Spend your days soaking in the Tennessee sunshine while putting your driver to use! Groves Reserve is located in the Juliet, TN, Nashville suburb and is located off of HWY 40.
Leave your stress in your previous residence and enjoy the carefree lifestyle the top retirement community in Nashville, TN offers. When you’re not making your tee time, you can enjoy the community’s proximity to other Nashville suburbs and the city itself. Not only is Groves Reserves pet-friendly, they even have a special dog park for your furry friends.
While you must be 55 years or older to own a home in Groves Reserves, visitors of all ages are welcome anytime!
- Address: Groves Reserves 100 Jane Crossing, Mt. Juliet, TN 37122
- Phone: (615) 716-3816
- Amenities: Golf course, dog park, clubhouse, community garden, outdoor seating area, fire pit, and picnic tables
- Housing: Cottage-style homes ranging from 1,426 to 2,100 square feet
- Pricing: High $300s to High $400s
Colonial Village | Affordable 55+ Active Nashville Retirement Community
Colonial Village is one of the most active Nashville over 55 retirement communities in the Suburb of Lebanon; it’s also a part of the original Colonial Village community, but as the homeowner, you must be 55+ to buy a home in the active adult community portion of the complex.
Lebanon is located in Wilson County and is 31.4 miles from the heart of Nashville. Outside the community, stores and other attractions like Fiddlers Grove, Cumberland River Cruises, and the Nashville Superspeedway.
The residence of Colonial enjoys the amenities the complex offers, like shuffleboard courts, bocce ball, horseshoe pits, a gardening plot, an outdoor pool, and an indoor fitness area. You’ve spent your whole life being busy; this community offers a relaxed lifestyle that any retiree would appreciate.
- Address: Colonial Village 1421 Woodside Dr, Lebanon, TN 37087
- Phone: (614) 645-3903
- Amenities: Shuffleboard courts, bocce ball, horseshoe pits, gardening plot, outdoor pool, and indoor fitness area, pet-friendly
- Housing: Single-level homes
- Pricing: High $300s – Mid $400s
The Retreat at Fairvue | Champion Golf Course 55+ Community
When residing at the retreat at Fairvue, you get the best of both worlds – you’re located only 45 minutes from the excitement downtown Nashville offers while being far enough away to relax and enjoy the low-maintenance lifestyle. Most Fairvue residents spend their games with fellow community members of the champion 18-hole golf course or enjoy their membership perks at the Plantation clubhouse. The clubhouse offers a brand-new fitness center, outdoor pool, and many other activities. While the Plantation Clubhouse membership is not included when you buy a home, it’s well worth the investment!
- Address: The Retreat at Fairvue 230 Glennister Ct, Gallatin, TN 37066
- Phone: (615) 567-54668
- Amenities: Resort-style swimming pool, canopied poolside seating, 18-hole champion golf course: fitness center, social activities, pet-friendly
- Housing: 1,457 to 2,086 square foot homes with a two-car garage
- Pricing: $400s to Mid $400s
Album Indian Lake | Upscale Nashville Retirement Apartments
If you’re looking for 55 and older communities in Nashville, TN, you’re in luck! This upscale, age-restricted apartment complex means you can enjoy the luxuries of living in a city apartment without fearing rough and rowdy neighbors. Album Indian Lake is located in Hendersonville, TN, which is considered a prime location, especially for retirees. It’s centrally located to any of the stores or restaurants you’d want access to while still being close enough to the heart of Nashville if you like going downtown.
The low-maintenance lifestyle is made possible by the hardworking individuals that keep Album Lake spick and span. Most residents spend the extra time they would normally spend cleaning with their family, friends, and fellow community members.
The amenities are endless, but to name a few, fit studio, bistro, theater, coffee bar, and a game room.
- Address: Album Indian Lake 109 Cinema Dr, Hendersonville, TN 37075
- Phone: (615) 281-6168
- Amenities: Fitness center, bistro, creative arts center, theater, coffee bar, game room, pool and patio, pickleball and bocce ball courts, a yoga lawn, outdoor kitchen area, fire pit, and a pet park
- Housing: 627 to 1,192-square-foot apartment units
- Pricing: Starting at $1,620 monthly
Map of Retirement Communities in Nashville
Retiring in Nashville is a great option; the cost of living is lower, the options are endless, and the cities are vibrant. Whether you’re looking for an apartment or ready to buy a home where you can settle down in a community, Nashville is the city for you. Once you’ve found your new home, contact 6th Man Movers at (615) 000-0000 for a free estimate. You need dependable Nashville movers to get you and your beloved items to your new address!